Friday, February 22, 2013

Analysis of the Ramon Monegal line


This house was totally new to me. I was surprised by the beautiful presentation of their bottles...very unique. This house was founded in 2007 if I'm not wrong and it's located in Barcelona, Spain. I've always been interested in niche perfumery coming from other places than France. I would like to thank Carlos Powell for most of the samples from this house, as well as the Ogilvy store in Montreal for the frist 2 samples of this house, which picked my interest in the rest of the line!



Ramon Monegal - Agar Musk : Agar Musk in an aromatic woody spicy scent to me...The big players in this fragrance are definitely the oud, nutmeg and amber. I am looking forward for my first full wearing with this one.

Ramon Monegal - Dry Wood : Love at first sniff....Unlike the name of the fragrance, this one is anything but dry. It's green at the top, a little spicy and more green...I also detect some cedar and maybe sandalwood but they are in the back as of now. Again, this is just a first impression, I am looking forward to test these 2 fragrances...Very promising house. Let's see if they are worth the kind of money that they're asking for!

Ramon Monegal - Lonely Day : This fragrance is very unique and strange, yet pleasant! It reminds me of red wine or a fruit [pair] during the fetmentation process....There are also some floral tones in the fragrance!

Ramon Monegal - Kiss my name : This one was hate at first sniff...very reminiscent of an old lady oversprayig a 70s floral powerhouse...the jasmine is well done but totally not my cup of tea. This is a definitive pass for me!

Ramon Monegal - Entre Naranjos : This fragrance is most likely a winner for me! I heard many saying the Ramon Monegal line was very fresh but haven't really smelled anything fresh in a traditional way...This one opens up very citrusy. I get a sharp Neroli note which seems to interfere with an Orange/Lime note. Very well done and I am looking forward to test the potential of this fragrance on my skin!

Ramon Monegal - Umbra : When I got this sample, I expected a dark fragrance since "Umbra" is a Romanian word for shadow (Although this is a Spanish house,so I can;t really relate the term to this house...). This fragrance features what seems to be a creamy, balmy and soapy take on a green fragrance. I get an earthy vetyver note combined with a creamy woody note. Looking forward to test it on my skin.
   


To conclude this fragrance house analysis, I must say I can't position myself towards the Ramon Monegal line. I like few of them, but nothing stood out as of now. Of course, these are just first impressions so I need way more time with them before a final conclusion. Pretty presentation but a little too expensive in my honest opinion. Quality is present though, I must say.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that the samples were helpful. Anytime, my friend. Your blog is coming along really nicely. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Carlos! You're such a great person, thank's for all the support!

    ReplyDelete